Time of day does not matter in most cases. Auto repair shops or gas stations are places were keys are often left in the ignition or the floor mat, making for easy pickings. Dark areas provide easy places to hide and wait for the right time to break in and steal a car. Thieves love cars that are decked out with lots of extras, they can just take it apart and sell the parts on the street.
Here are some tips to help keep your vehicle safe:
- Never leave your keys in the ignition, even for just a quick minute
- Lock your doors/close your windows even in your own driveway, more than one-third of all vehicle thefts occur at a home
- Park in a well-lit area whenever possible
- Park closest to the entrance where there is more foot traffic
- Alarm or Warning Device, they will not always prevent theft but they do deter
- Immobilizing Devices such as fuse cut-offs & kill switches
- Tracking Devices can help police locate your car faster and usually with less damage
Is your car thoroughly protected? We're here when you need us!