Here is a fun list of unique items people have had insured:
- Over 20,000 people have purchased Alien Abduction Insurance.
- Apollo 11 Astronauts couldn't get life insurance prior to their launch so they gave themselves their own "life insurance policy made of autographs" that could be sold by their families if they did not return.
- John Harrison, the official taste-tester for Dreyer's Ice Cream, insured his tongue for 1,000,000.
- Singer Mariah Carey seems to think her legs are far more valuable than any footballer's - she's insured them for $1 billion!
- David Beckham's legs are insured at $35 million each.
- Singer Dolly Parton, had her breasts insured for $600,000
- The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has insured just the middle finger on his left hand covered for $1.6 million dollars. May be he feared that some one would break it considering he used to stick it out so often!y
Take a few minutes and look around yourself and your home. See anything that needs to be insured?